Are you ready for a scare?
Hundred Acres Manor, officially located at 100 Acres Drive, Bethel Park, PA 15102, in Allegheny County's South Park, is considered by many critics, including those at TopHaunts.com and at HauntWorld.com, to be one of the world's top haunted houses.
Hundred Acres is also a top philanthropic organization, as proceeds from the yearly attraction benefit two major charities in western Pennsylvania—the Homeless Children's Education Fund and Animal Friends.
According to a news release, two new attractions will hit Hundred Acres Manor on its opening night, as guests will be treated to The Brine Slaughterhouse and a surprise feature.
Ranked as the No. 1 Charitable Haunt in the United States by Tonic.com, Hundred Acres Manor and its predecessor have raised approximately $2 million for their charities since 1992.
Hundred Acres is run primarily by volunteers who construct and operate the haunted house while also performing as zombies and monsters.
"While we're proud to say we're ranked one of the top haunts by many respected industry names," Hundred Acres CEO and President Ted Sobek said in the release, "our longtime work with local nonprofits is what really sets us apart from the others.
"We like that our guests can have fun and enjoy our terrifying attractions while also keeping in mind that their ticket proceeds are going to support a great cause."
One ticket allows guests entry into Massacre Mansion, South Valley Hospital, The Family, The Maze and The Brine Slaughterhouse.
Ticket prices for "victims" are as follows:
- General admission tickets cost $18 each.
- For $20 each, Scare Saver V.I.P. admission (available to buy online only) grants guests front-of-the-line access and reduced wait time. The Scare Saver V.I.P. admission is valid during operating season on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays as well as on Oct. 22 and 23.
- At $25 per guest, regular V.I.P. admission grants guest front-of-the-line access and reduced wait time and is valid during all nights of operation, including Fridays and Saturdays.
- Super V.I.P. admission is for the ultimate thrill seeker, and for $35 per guest, it grants guests preferred parking, access to the front of the line and an official Hundred Acres Manor souvenir T-shirt.
- Specially priced group packages are also available for Pittsburgh-based companies' employee outings. To learn more about how to get your company involved, contact Sobek at 412-851-HAUNT (851-4286). Other information regarding individual and group discounts can be found here.
- *All admission is for one night only. Multiple nights must be bought separately.*
Days/hours of operation:
- From Sept. 14-16, 21-23 and 28-30, Hundred Acres Manor will be open from 7:30-11:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and from 7:30-10 p.m. on Sundays.
- Hundred Acres Manor will also be open from Oct. 3-7 and 10-30 and from Nov. 1-3, but exact times are not available yet. Check here for updates.