- The KO Girls Volleyball team won 3—0 over Steel Valley, improving its record to 2-1. The next section game will be at South Park on Thursday.
- The KO mens cross-country team competed against Chartiers Houston on Tuesday. Team captain Tom Gorman led the Eagles and finished second overall. Despite impressive efforts by Jesse Stefanski, Dante Barbetti, Doug Sabo, Connor Meriwether, and Nevin Kelly, the men fell to Chartiers Houston 31-24.
- The womens cross-country team also competed Tuesday against Chartiers Houston, and ran to their first victory. Mariah Berman, Elizabeth Boyle, Erica Ragan, MarleeShipp, Jenny Murtha and Lauren Ragan all finished together in first place. Kaleigh Smith rounded out the top seven with an impressive effort, as well.
- The KO JV Boys Soccer team was victorious over Pittsburgh Obama on Tuesday night, with a 2-0 win. The Varsity team lost in a hard fought battle, despite an assist from Kurt Rahner to Ben Canty to set up the team's only goal.
- On Friday, Sept. 13, the KOHS football team will take on Seton LaSalle at 7 p.m. at Dormont Stadium. It is Middle School night and also will be a black out night. T-shirts will be available in the high school cafe during lunch on Friday. If you would like to preorder shirts for $10 each, contact email@example.com.
Know of some other great sports highlights this week? Tell us in the comments.