Sunday will be a first for Pittsburgh's North Shore. It's the first time since PNC Park and Heinz Field opened that a regular season Steelers night game will follow a daytime Pirates game.
And the Steelers say parking -- will require patience.
Because of the potential for gridlock, a number of changes will be implemented to keep the traffic moving.
- Police will close all inbound access to the North Shore (except for emergency vehicles from 4 to 6 p.m. That includes ramps from the Ft. Duquesne & West End Bridges, and the Parkway North.
- Steelers fans with presold parking passes will not be allowed to park until 6 p.m.
- Fans who want to attend the Pirates game or start tailgating early (and have Steelers presold parking pass will have to pay the baseball parking fee.
- Pirates fans who park in the lots that are presold for football will have to leave after the baseball game or risk having their vehicles towed.
- If the baseball game goes into extra innings, the Steelers will post alerts to their Facebook and Twitter accounts. Specifics of the traffic and parking restrictions and options are posted on the team's website, www.steelers.com.