The School Board met June 28 to vote on several agenda items. Among them were several votes to make payments to various teachers and staff members.
Here are the results of votes on items pertaining to payment of various personnel:
- The board appointed Eric Brandenburg as both Board Secretary and Right-to-Know officer, beginning July 1. Brandenburg is currently the district’s business manager.
- The board approved the Technology Consulting Contract between the Keystone Oaks School District and Kathleen Clark for the months of July, August and September at the rate of $70 per hour, not to exceed $5,950 for the purpose of PIMS reporting and analysis.
- Sandra McCann, teacher at Aiken Elementary School, will be paid a semester bonus of $1,000 because her class size (27 students) exceeded the number normally recommended by the district.
- Carla Schapp, speech language pathologist at Dormont Elementary and Keystone Oaks Middle/High School, will take a leave of absence from Oct. 25, 2012 to April of 2014. Kelly Beck was hired as her replacement. Beck’s salary was set at $40,200.
- The board approved the Middle School Summer School Program, and the hiring of two professional contracted employees to teach math and English. Their payment will be set at $23.54 and $39.32 per period, based on years of service to the district.
- Jennifer Lashley was hired for the 2012-13 school year as a substitute secretary at the rate of $8.50 per hour.
- Kathleen Foster and Suzanne Lochie were approved to attend the 2012 Special Education Leadership Summer Academy in Bedford Springs, Pa., from July 23-26 at no cost to the district.
- Mark Elphinstone will receive compensation in amount of $3,000 and Erin Wright will receive compensation in amount of $1,500 for serving as Assistants to the Principals for Student Discipline for the 2011-12 school year.
The next Keystone Oaks School Board meeting will be Aug. 23 at 7 p.m. in the board room at Keystone Oaks High School.