One vehicle was stolen, and an attempt was made to steal another in Brookline last week.
A resident in the 1700 block of Pioneer Avenue told police his car was stolen—without the keys—between 4 p.m. on April 26 and 10 a.m. on April 27.
In the 2400 block of Edgebrook Avenue, another residents told police someone had attempted to steal his motorcycle just before 4 p.m. on April 24.
Pittsburgh police are investigating both incidents. Those with information can contact Pittsburgh Police, Zone 6.
Also in the blotter:
- Electronics and jewelry were stolen from a home in the 600 block of Oaklynn Court in Banksville on April 24 between noon and 3 p.m. The suspect entered the home by forcing open the front door.
Theft from vehicle
- A resident in the 700 block of Woodbourne Avenue in Brookline told police someone cut the registration sticker off of his vehicle’s license plate sometime between 5 p.m. on April 26 and 10 a.m. on April 27.
- Matthew Harvard of the South Side was arrested for DUI near Pioneer and Cadet avenues in Brookline on April 26.
- Joshua Riley of Beechview was arrested for possession of heroin and another controlled substance in the 700 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline on April 25.
- Edward Domain of Brookline was arrested for disorderly conduct, harassment and public drunkenness at Wedgemere Street and Bellaire Avenue in Brookline on April 24.
- During the same incident in the 2800 block of Banksville Road in Banksville on April 23, Thomas Hinds of McDonald was arrested for promoting prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia; William Oravetz of McDonald was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance; and Samantha Daily of Franklin Park was arrested for prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Charles Phillips of Oakland was arrested and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia in the 2900 block of Banksville Road in Banksville on April 23.
- Sean Doman and Amanda Simpson, both of Pittsburgh, were arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia at Edgehill Street and West Liberty Avenue in Banksville on April 23. During the same incident, Casey Ivery of Pittsburgh was arrested and charged with possession of heroin.
This information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police, and is a report for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.