Pittsburgh police arrested two men, and recovered a large amount of cash and marijuana in a May 2 drug bust following an incident on Saw Mill Run Boulevard.
Police responded to Saw Mill Run Boulevard near Woodruff Street just before 4:30 p.m. for a report of a man breaking the windows of a car parked near that intersection.
Police found a man matching the suspect's description riding a bicycle near the BP Gas Station on Saw Mill Run Boulevard. Police chased the man—identified as Thomas Ozoskey, 35, of Pittsburgh—on foot, and recovered four bags of marijuana Ozoskey had thrown away during the pursuit.
According to the police report, Ozoskey told police he broke into the vehicle because he knew marijuana was stashed inside.
Police then located the vehicle's driver, David Gehring, 55, of Pittsburgh. Detectives saw a plastic bag containing marijuana hanging out of Gehring's front right pants pocket while speaking to him, and took Gehring into custody.
Detectives found a pack of Winston cigarettes containing rolling papers, a marijuana cigarette and seven individually wrapped plastic bags containing marijuana hidden under a rock near Gehring's vehicle. A cell phone and $630 were found on Gehring's person.
Detectives obtained a search warrant for Gehring's home, where they confiscated the following items:
- Three (3) large ziplock baggies of marijuana under the bed.
- $9,500.00 under the mattress of the bed.
- $36,440 in a lock box under a table.
- $219.00 on a table in the bedroom recovered.
- Drug paraphernalia.
- 48 large, empty ziplock bags with marijuana residue, recovered in the basement and bedroom.
- One box of sandwich baggies in the bedroom.
- One bag of suspected marijuana seeds in the bedroom.
- Six (6) generic Vicodin pills in a jacket pocket in the dining room.
- Multiple items of indicia (ID, Letters) addressed to David Gehring.
Gehring was charged with possession of a controlled substance; possession with intent to deliver; tampering with or fabricating physical evidence; paraphernalia—use of possession; possession of a controlled substance; and possession of a small amount of marijuana. He was taken to Allegheny County Jail.
Ozoskey was arrested via summons and charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana and criminal mischief.