This information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police, and is a report for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.
A number of thefts, including stolen vehicles and items stolen from homes in Brookline, Beechview and Banksville, were reported to Pittsburgh police in the past week.
- An air condition and hockey equipment left on the back porch of a home in the 1500 block of Methyl Avenue in Beechview was reportedly stolen between 2 and 4:30 p.m. on May 3.
- A man told police that two unknown people driving a red and gray Ford pick up truck stole fencing and fence posts from the yard of his home in the 1500 block of Crane Avenue in Banksville on May 2 between 10:50 and 11:10 a.m.
- A laptop was stolen from a home in the 1400 block of Milan Avenue in Brookline on May 2 between 4 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- A man told police that someone stole his vehicle without the keys from the 1300 block of Lettie Hill Street in Beechview on May 2. The vehicle was recovered a short distance away and the steering column was damaged.
- A man told police that someone stole his vehicle from the 1800 block of Crosby Avenue in Beechview between 11 p.m. on May 4 and 9 p.m. on May 5. The victim told police the keys had been left inside the vehicle.
- A man told police that damage to his car, including a broken window, was done between 8 p.m. on May 5 and 7 a.m. on May 6. The car was parked in the 500 block of Bellaire Avenue in Brookline at the time.
- Two women were arrested for domestic violence, disorderly conduct, public drunkenness and underage drinking in the 700 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline on May 1. One of the women also was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
- Joseph Reed of Blawnox was arrested for DUI in the 2500 block of West Liberty Avenue in Beechview on May 3.