Several cases of criminal mischief were reported in Brookline at the end of June, and police have the description of the suspect in at least one of those incidents.
A man told Pittsburgh police that a solar light in the yard of his home in the 2700 block of Queensboro Avenue was damaged by an unknown man on June 28 around 4:45 a.m. The suspect is described as a white man, 6’2”, who was wearing a bandana and driving a brown, older model Ford LTD.
Two incidents of vandalism were reported between the 600 and 700 blocks of Brookline Boulevard on June 26. The first—graffiti spray painted on a parked car—was reported at 2 p.m. A different car was reportedly scratched on purpose between 6 and 7:30 p.m.
Those with information should contact Pittsburgh Police Zone 6 at 412-937-3051.
Also in the blotter:
- Two five-gallon jars filled with pennies were stolen from a home in the 1500 block of Rutherford Avenue in Beechview between 2 p.m. on June 26 and 10 a.m. on June 28.
- A generator was stolen from a home in the 800 block of Norwich Avenue in Brookline between 9 p.m. on June 27 and 6 p.m. on June 28.
- Jewelry and two guitars were stolen from a home in the 2400 block of Potomac Avenue in Banksville on June 25 between 8:30 a.m. and 12:38 p.m.
- A quad runner that had been left unattended was stolen from the porch of a home in the 600 block of Dunster Street in Brookline between 11:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. on June 25.
Theft from Vehicle
- Wheel bearings were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 2800 block of Norabell Avenue in Brookline between 10 p.m. on June 26 and 6 a.m. on June 27.
- Prescription medication and a GPS unit were stolen from a vehicle parked on Wenzell Place in Beechview between 9 p.m. on June 25 and 9:30 a.m. on June 26.
- The window was broken and the radio stolen from a vehicle parked in the 2900 block of Banksville Avenue in Banksville between 8 p.m. on June 29 and 11 a.m. on June 30.
- A man was arrested for domestic violence at a home in the 2000 block of Plainview Avenue in Brookline on June 30.
- Jessica Kerner of Brookline and Breeann Swarmer of Brockway were arrested by vice detectives for prostitution and possession of heroin in the 100 block of Capitol Avenue in Brookline on June 28.
The following information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police, and is a report for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.