are hoping surveillance footage from Vasta will provide some clues about how a fight started early Friday morning.
Police responded to the West Liberty Avenue bar at 1:40 a.m. on Sept. 7 for a report of a fight between two groups of people. Witnesses were unable to give statements at the scene in support of either group, according to the report.
No charges have been filed yet.
Also in the blotter:
- A Dormont officer was on patrol in the 3000 block of West Liberty Avenue at 1:25 a.m. when he saw a man urinating outside. Thomas Luele, 25, of New York, was arrested and taken to the Dormont police station, where he was cited for disorderly conduct.
- Officers were dispatched to bar on West Liberty Avenue at 4:49 p.m. for a report of an over-intoxicated customer. Police found the man—identified as Jeffrey Freddes, 48, of Dormont—unable to stand and slurring his speech. Freddes was taken to St. Clair Hospital by paramedics for possible alcohol poisoning. He was charged with public intoxication.
- Officers responded to the 3200 block of Wainbell Avenue at 12:50 p.m. for a report of a burglary that had just taken place. A resident told police property had been stolen from the second floor of the home. Witnesses in the area were able to provided descriptions of two suspicious-looking males. This is an ongoing investigation.
- Officers responded to a report of a death in the 3200 block of Piedmont Avenue at 3:37 p.m. A man was found dead on arrival in an upstairs bedroom. Further details about the incident are not being released at this time.
- Police received a report at 8:10 p.m. of an intoxicated man staggering on the sidewalk and in the street near Potomac and West Liberty avenues. Police found the man in the parking lot of the Exxon station on West Liberty and Pioneer avenues. Mark White, 55, of Dormont, was arrested and taken to the Dormont police station until he was sober. White was cited for public intoxication.
- A woman was taken to Mercy Hospital at 4:50 a.m. for treatment of injuries following a domestic dispute in the 3200 block of West Liberty Avenue. A warrant was issued for the arrest of a male offender.
- Police were dispatched to the 2800 block of Belplain Avenue at 9:49 a.m. after someone called to report that two people had been assaulted. When police arrived, none of the people allegedly involved in the fight were at the scene. Witnesses told police that a man had been loitering in the bushes near a home, and that the man attacked another man and a woman as they were leaving the home. Police said they attempted to contact the alleged victims, but neither of the alleged victims made contact with police and no charges have been filed.
- Police were called to the 1300 block of Mississippi Avenue at 5:11 p.m. after receiving multiple reports that a group of four or five juveniles were fighting in the street. According to the police report, several juveniles were seen leaving the area when police arrived on scene. Witnesses told police the fight started at a home on the street, where several teens were gathered on the porch arguing and yelling profanity before the physical fight started. The homeowner, identified as Robin Graham, 48, told police there had only been two teens on her porch and that they were not involved in a fight. Police said Graham then demanded to know which neighbors had contacted police. When police refused to tell her, she began yelling and swearing at officers, according to the report. Graham was issued a citation for disorderly conduct.
This information was supplied by . Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.