Brookline, Castle Shannon and other surrounding communities have experienced a spree of nighttime burglaries in recent weeks, but two burglaries in Brookline last week happened during the day.
On Sept. 11, just after 8 p.m., jewelry was stolen from a home in the 2500 block of Glenarm Avenue. According to the police report, the burglar likely entered the home through an unlocked window.
Two days later, a jar of money was reported stolen from a home in the 900 block of Brookline Boulevard after someone forced open a rear window. The incident happened between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Sept. 13.
Those with information should contact Pittsburgh Police Zone 6 at 412-937-3051.
Also in the blotter:
- A case of harmonicas was stolen from a store in the 800 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline on Sept. 14 at 1:15 a.m.
- A man driving a red pickup truck stole a saw from a construction site at the intersection of Banksville Road and Wenzel Avenue in Beechview at 5:30 p.m. on Sept. 12.
Theft from Vehicle
- A GPS, money and a cell phone charger were stolen from an unlocked car in the 700 block of Fordham Street. The incident occurred between Sept 3 and Sept. 11. Pittsburgh police estimate that 100 or more cars were broken into between the last week of August and the first week of September. Police arrested two people in connection with the thefts on Sept. 7.
- A woman told police a white man she didn’t know stole a GPS until and sunglasses from her unlocked car while it was parked in the 200 block of Aidyl Street in Brookline on Sept. 14 at 1:40 p.m.
- The windshield of a car parked in the 1200 block of Fallowfield Avenue in Beechview was broken on Sept. 15 between 12:30 and 9:15 a.m.
- A car parked in the 1800 block of Plainview Avenue in Beechview was damaged on Sept. 15 between 1 and 7 a.m.
- The window of a vehicle parked in the 1600 block of Tonapah Street in Beechview on Sept. 15 between 3 and 10:30 a.m.
- Meghan Pritchard of Beechview was arrested for possession of heroin in the 1200 block of Dagmar Avenue in Beechview on Sept. 12.
- Charles Theisen III of Beechview was arrested for operating a stolen vehicle in the 700 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline on Sept. 12.
- Susan Wright-Sipe was arrested for DUI at the intersection of Banksville Road and Potomac Avenue on Sept. 16.
- Brandon Neville of Mt. Washington was arrested for possession of marijuana and underage drinking in the 2100 block of Lynnbrook Avenue in Brookline on Sept. 12.
This information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police, and is a report for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.