The following information was supplied by Dormont Police. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
are investigating a robbery that occurred at on West Liberty Avenue on July 9.
According to the police report, two women—both described as white women in their 30s with blonde hair—came to the salon for manicures.
The owner told police that after one woman received a manicure she asked to use the restroom and was gone for a long time. When the owner went to check on the woman, the woman was seen leaving through a back door with the owner’s coat.
When the owner returned to the front of the store, the other woman was behind the counter looking through drawers, and she also ran from the store when she saw the owner, according to the report.
A total of $126 was reported missing—$100 from inside the coat and $26 from behind the counter.
Those with information should contact Dormont police at 412-561-8900.
Also in the blotter:
- William Edward Towers, 23, address unknown, was arrested on a probation violation in the 2900 block of West Liberty Avenue.
- Police responded to on West Liberty Avenue at 11:55 p.m. for a report of a female who was possibly overdosing. Police found Amanda Golebie, 21, of Castle Shannon, lying on the floor of the restaurant. According to the police report, two hypodermic needles, two stamp bags and a marijuana pipe were found in her possession. Golebie was taken to St. Clair Hospital for treatment relating to an overdose of a controlled substance. She was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, public drunkenness, and disorderly conduct.
- Police responded to the 1100 block of Tennessee Avenue for a report that a man was pounding on doors inside an apartment building. Police charged Thomas Glasser, 59, of Dormont, with public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
- A man came to the Dormont Police Department at 9:30 a.m. and reported that several items had been stolen from his vehicle on July 6. He told police a credit card was stolen from the vehicle while it was parked in the 2800 block of Broadway Avenue. The man told police he had cancelled the account.
- Andrea Kelvington, 28, of Pittsburgh, was charged with giving false information to police after she was involved in a car accident in the parking lot of on West Liberty Avenue. No injuries were reported in the accident.
- Police responded to a report of a man passed out in a car in the Krugh Lot in the 2900 block of West Liberty Avenue. Patrick Taylor, age unknown, of Beechview, was arrested and charged with public intoxication.