A Brookline man was arrested after police say he assaulted four officers and was found to be in possession of drugs.
According to a report by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, police were investigating Dominic Demarco, 48, of Brookline, and were waiting for him to pick up a package containing a large quantity of marijuana in the 1800 block of Plainview Avenue on Jan. 9.
When Demarco arrived and picked up the package around 2:40 p.m., an officer identified himself, and Demarco then got back in his car and drove toward the officers, according to the Post-Gazette.
The court docket indicates that Demarco was charged with aggravated assault, possession with intent to deliver, recklessly endangering another person, fleeing or attempting to allude a police officer, reckless driving and other charges.
A preliminary hearing originally scheduled for Jan. 17 was rescheduled for March 5.
Also in the blotter:
- Money was stolen from a home in the 600 block of Oaklynn Court in Banksville on Jan. 7 between 6:30 and 7:11 p.m.
- A man reported that someone stole his vehicle without the keys between 10 p.m. on Jan. 8 and 8:40 a.m. on Jan. 9, from his home in the 1100 block of Fitch Way in Brookline. The vehicle was recovered within the Zone 6 police area before it was reported stolen.
- A man told police that someone forced open his vehicle and attempted to steal it between 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 8 and 8:20 a.m. on Jan. 9. The incident occurred in the 1400 block of Milan Avenue in Brookline.
- Katherine Baker of Beechview was arrested on Jan. 8 near the intersection of Coast and Broadway avenues in Beechview for driving a vehicle with altered plates or documents.
- Edward Hawks of Beechview was arrested on Jan. 8 in the 1300 block of Westfield Street in Beechview for possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance.
- Corey Kemp of Pittsburgh was arrested for possession with the intent to deliver crack cocaine and heroin by Narcotics Detectives. During the same incident, Antione Dean of Heidelberg was arrested for possession of Crack Cocaine. The men were arrested in the 1500 block of Fallowfield Avenue in Beechview on Jan. 8.
- Kaitlyn Uhl of Castle Shannon was arrested for DUI on Jan. 11 in the 700 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline.
- Joshua Cameron of Beechview was arrested for possession of marijuana on Jan. 13 in the 1000 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline.
- John Watson of Brookline was arrested for possession of several controlled substances on Jan. 10 in the 700 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline.
This information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police, and is a report for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.