A Beechview resident stopped a theft when he confronted a robber who was trying to break into a car.
According to the Pittsburgh police report, a woman was trying to steal a GPS unit, knife and flashlight from a car parked in the 1600 block of Westfield Street in Beechview on Oct. 9 around 2 a.m.
She didn’t get far. The owner of the car confronted her, and police said the woman dropped two bags containing various items as she fled the scene.
Those with information should call Pittsburgh police Zone 6 at 412-937-3051.
Also in the blotter:
- Three men reportedly robbed more than one person at gunpoint in the 1500 block of Rockland Avenue in Beechview on Oct. 13. The time of the robbery was not immediately available. Continue to follow Dormont-Brookline Patch for updates.
- Money, jewelry and prescription medication were stolen from a home in the 400 block of Wenzell Avenue between 10 a.m. on Oct. 10 and 10 a.m. on Oct. 11. According to the police report, the burglar entered the home through a rear window.
- Money was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 1800 block of West Liberty Avenue in Brookline on Oct. 12 at 12:32 p.m.
- Candy was stolen from a store in the 1100 block of Brookline Boulevard on Oct. 11 at 11:25 a.m.
- A vehicle parked at the intersection of Broadway and Neeld avenues was stolen on Oct. 11 between 1 and 7 a.m.
- A rock was thrown through the window of a building in the 900 block of Brookline Boulevard at 8:50 p.m. on Oct. 14.
- Keith Schmidt of Beechview was arrested on Oct. 10 at Dagmar and Hampshire avenues for operating a vehicle with altered documents, and for other driving offenses.
- Ross Beaver of South Park was arrested on Oct. 13 at Crane Avenue and Saw Mill Run Boulevard for possession of a controlled substance.
- Jonathan Perrin of Beechview was arrested on Oct. 10 at Dagmar and Hampshire avenues for possession of a controlled substance.
- Mark Edkins of Brookline was arrested on Oct. 13 on Bay Ridge Avenue for driving under the influence.
- Hogan of Castle Shannon was arrested on Oct. 11 on Brookline Boulevard for possession of heroin.
This information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police, and is a report for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.