Six drug and driving under the influence arrests were made between July 31 and Aug. 4 in Brookline, Beechview and Banksville:
- Sarah Womack of Brookline was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and endangering the welfare of children in the 1100 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline on July 31.
- Matthew Spaley of Beechview was arrested for DUI near West Liberty and Capital avenues in Brookline on July 31.
- Raymond Anuik of Brookline was arrested for possession of heroin and Xanax in the 900 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline on July 31.
- Klyde Koeper of Pittsburgh was arrested for DUI at Pauline and West Liberty avenues in Beechview on Aug. 2.
- Joshua Schwartz of Beltzhoover was arrested for DUI and several other traffic-related charges at Brookline Boulevard and Flatbush Avenue in Brookline on Aug. 4.
- Melanie Hesser of Brookline was arrested for retail theft and DUI in the 3100 block of Banksville Road on Aug. 4.
Also in the blotter:
- A man told police he was robbed by two people he did not know, who stole his keys and fled in near Wenzell Avenue and Wenzell Place in Beechview on July 31 at 5:20 a.m. According to the police report, the victim was intoxicated when he made the report.
- A woman told police someone made a transaction in the 700 block of Brookline Boulevard using her bank account number without permission. The incident occurred on July 30.
Theft from vehicle
- A GPS unit and money were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1600 block of Seaton Street in Brookline on July 30. The theft occurred between midnight and 8 a.m.
- A wallet, money and prescription medication were stolen from a locked vehicle parked in the 2400 block of Alwyn Street in Brookline between 2 p.m. on July 29 and noon on July 30.
- A vehicle was stolen without the keys from the 1600 block of Fallowfield Avenue in Beechview between 4 p.m. on July 31 and 7 a.m. on Aug. 1.
- A vehicle was damaged while parked in the 1500 block of Alton Street in Beechview between 11 p.m. on July 31 and 9 a.m. on Aug. 1.
- A woman told police that a window was damaged in the 1000 block of Bay Ridge Avenue in Brookline when someone tried to force it open. The incident occurred between Aug. 1 and Aug. 4. It is unclear at the time of this report whether the window belonged to a residence or to a vehicle.
- A vehicle was damaged while parked in the 1500 block of Bellaire Place in Brookline at 2:14 p.m. on Aug. 1.
- Keith Hyland of Brookline was arrested for criminal trespass in the 1100 block of Chelton Avenue in Brookline on Aug. 5.