An armed robbery was attempted in Brookline earlier this month.
According to the police report, the victims were walking near Woodbourne Avenue and Verbena Way on June 6 around 7:30 p.m. when a man tried to rob them at gunpoint.
The suspect is described as a black man, between 16 and 20 years old, with a dark complexion, thin build, and hair in cornrows. The man was wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information should contact the Pittsburgh Police Zone 6 at 412-937-3051.
Also in the blotter:
- Someone broke into a home in the 1500 block of Berkshire Avenue in Brookline through an unlocked window and stole food. The food was later found on the porch of the home. The incident occurred between 10 p.m. on June 6 and 6 a.m. on June 7.
- Money was stolen from a home in the 1300 block of Wareman Avenue in Brookline on June 10 between 10:30 a.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- It was reported that a woman broke into a home in the 2500 block of Allender Avenue in Banksville through an unlocked rear door and stole prescription medication on June 7 around 11 a.m.
- Passports and money were stolen from a home in the 1600 block of Rutherford Avenue in Beechview between 5 p.m. on June 1 and 9:30 a.m. on June 2.
- A set of tires was stolen from a property in the 1700 block of Belasco Avenue in Beechview between 2 p.m. on June 2 and 9 a.m. on June 3.
Theft from Vehicle
- A backpack and identification were stolen from an unlocked car parked in the 700 block of Eathan Avenue in Brookline on June 12 between 1 and 5 a.m.
- Money and suntan lotion were stolen from a car parked in the 700 block of Eathan Avenue in Brookline on June 12 between 2 and 6:30 a.m.
- A woman reported that someone rifled through the contents of her unlocked car, which was parked in the 2400 block of Starkamp Street in Brookline between 10 p.m. on June 11 and 4:30 a.m. on June 12.
- Money and a cup were stolen from an unlocked car parked in the 700 block of Bellaire Avenue in Brookline between 9 a.m. on June 11 and 10:30 a.m. on June 12.
- A wallet containing identification was stolen from a car parked in the 1500 block of Milan Avenue in Brookline between 10 p.m. on June 7 and 10 a.m. on June 8.
- It was reported that someone disabled the alarm and stole a GPS unit from a car parked in the 1600 block of Fiat Street in Brookline on June 10 between 5 and 8 p.m.
- Graffiti was spray-painted on a building in the 500 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline on June 2 around 10 p.m.
- Two windows were broken at a residence in the 1600 block of Fallowfield Avenue in Beechview on June 4 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- The window of a business in the 1200 block of Banksville Road in Banksville was broken between 1 p.m. on June 2 and 5:30 p.m. on June 3.
- A vehicle was reportedly damaged in the 1400 block of Brookline Boulevard on June 9 at 2:30 p.m.
- Dorsey Freeman of Clairton was arrested for possession with the intent to deliver heroin by Narcotics Detectives on Dawn Avenue in Beechview on June 12.
- Marissa Schwartz of the North Hills was arrested for possession of a controlled substance at Sebring and Kenberma avenues in Beechview on June 5.
- Alan Knox of Beechview was arrested for criminal trespass in the 1500 block of Beechview Avenue in Beechview on June 3.
- Frank Pagano of Brookline was arrested for DUI in the 300 block of Fernhill Avenue in Brookline on June 4.
- Christopher Richardson of Brookline was arrested for DUI at Pioneer and Bellbrook Avenues in Brookline on June 12.
- A man was arrested for domestic violence in the 1800 block of Pioneer Avenue in Brookline on June 5.
- Clinton Schroeder of Brookline was arrested for possession of heroin in the 800 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline on June 6.
- Matthew Moran of Brookline was arrested for robbing a known victim at Fitch Way and Wedgemere Street in Brookline on June 2 at 12:30 a.m.
- Anna Marie Thompson of Beechview was arrested for DUI on Neeld Avenue in Beechview on June 3.
The following information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police, and is a report for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.