I was burnt out on buffalo chicken dip.
A hostess can only serve the same dish to family and friends for a Stiller, er, Steeler game.
So I looked online for another tasty dip to serve for football Sunday at my house.
What I found was Mary Alice's Hoagie Dip, a recipe on the Food Network website.
Check it out!
- 1 medium onion
- 2 pickled pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato, halved and seeded
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced genoa salami
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced ham
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced roast turkey
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 10-to-12-inch round loaf Italian bread
- 8 hoagie rolls, cut into pieces, for dipping
Chop the onion, pepperoncini, lettuce and tomato into bite-size pieces. Dice the meats and cheese.
Combine the vegetables, meats and cheese in a large bowl and add the mayo, olive oil, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Stir until everything is well mixed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.