As the winter weather kicks in, our bodies start to naturally crave warmer foods and drinks, such as hot soups and warming teas and ciders.
While I am a fan of tea and cider, I also love some hot chocolate in the holiday mix. However, most store-bought hot chocolate is filled with chemicals, additives, and tons of sugar.
So give your body a break and instead, make your own hot chocolate to ensure your ingredients are few and the taste is superb!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk preference)
- 1 Tbsp. raw cacao
- 1-2 Tbsp. raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. In a small saucepan, combine almond milk and raw cacao and bring to small boil.
2. Reduce heat and use a whisk to turn to almond milk a chocolate color.
3. Keep whisking and add in honey and vanilla to sweeten.
4. Remove from heat, pour into mug, and enjoy!