From traveling on-the-go to a mid-day pick me up, healthy snacks can give our bodies the boost of nutrients it needs to keep going.
This week, I decided to make sweet potato chips for a quick and healthy snack. Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, calcium, potassium, and beta-carotene, which make them a nutrient dense food that can help protect against the cold and flu season as the weather starts to change.
Enjoy them fresh or make a bunch and take them with you! Either way, you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 to 2 sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Himalayan Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Remove skin from sweet potatoes.
3. Cut sweet potatoes in thin, chip like slices and remove any extra moisture.
4. Place a little olive oil in a bowl, dip your fingers and rub a very light coat of oil over the sweet potatoes
5. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle Himalayan Sea Salt to taste.
6. Bake for 10 minutes and flip to the other side.
7. Bake another 5-10 minutes until golden brown
8. Remove, cool, and serve.