Need to make cookies for a work party or cookie exchange? Try these delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies.
They not only taste delicious, but they have half the sugar of regular cookies. So you can really have your cookie and eat it too!
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup organic palm sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup almond flour, sifted
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or carob chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. With a mixer or a hand-mixer, combine applesauce and sugar and mix until creamy.
3. Once mixture is creamy, add the egg, vanilla, and olive oil.
4. In a large mixing bowl. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon.
5. Slowly combine the applesauce mixture with the dry mixture until combined.
6. Add dark chocolate chips and continue to mix.
7. Drop teaspoons of dough onto lined baking sheets. Leave 2 inches apart from each.
8. Bake 12-15 minutes r until browned around the edges.
9. Let cool and enjoy!