Sometimes I really get in the mood for some pancakes. However, most boxed mixes are unhealthy and full of unnecessary fillers.
While experimenting with different ingredients, I not only whipped up these homemade pancakes in a matter of minutes, but they are way healthier than most store-bought mixes.
Try for yourself and see!
- 1 ½ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 ¼ cup almond or rice milk
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a medium size mixing bowl.
2. Add almond milk and mix.
3. Add nut butter and banana to mixture.
4. Lightly grease pan with olive or canola oil and turn on medium heat.
5. Pour batter into small round pancakes and heat until batter is fully cooked or when sides are golden brown.