Who said you can’t have your cake and eat it, too?
These delicious raw chocolate truffles are from my new book, Cleansing is not about deprivation, but more about cleansing the old, processed food and filling your body with new, higher quality foods.
These raw chocolates actually have mood-boosting properties and are low glycemic-index.
Raw Chocolate Truffles
- ½ cup coconut butter or oil
- ¾ cup agave nectar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup dried shredded coconut
- 2 ¼ cups raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup chopped pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
1. Blend coconut oil, agave, sea salt and vanilla in a blender. If coconut oil is solid, place in double boiler to warm gently (do not heat directly).
2. Add 1 cup shredded coconut, ½ cup at a time and blend until smooth.
3. Transfer to bowl and add 2 cups of cacao powder. Mix evenly.
4. Refrigerate for 20 minutes allowing the mixture to set.
5. When mixture has thickened, roll heaping tablespoons into balls. (For smaller truffles, use heaping teaspoons).
6. Place remaining cacao, coconut, pistachios and walnuts on separate plates.
7. Roll each ball in one of the 4 toppings and refrigerate until ready to serve. Yields 40 small truffles. Enjoy!