Dark, leafy green vegetables, including kale, swiss chard, collards and bok choy are essential to good health. These nutrient dense greens help purify blood, reduce inflammation, strengthen the immune system, and lift depression. They are high in calcium, iron, and magnesium.
Despite the numerous health benefits, they are also the number one missing food in the American diet because most people do not know how to cook with greens.
To get started with incorporating more greens into your diet, try something quick, simple, and not too far out of your comfort zone.
Here is a satisfying and nutrient dense snack that will help curb your chip craving and benefit your body!
Easy Kale Chips
3 bunches of kale (Take off stems)
Himalayan sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spread kale onto baking sheet.
3. Place a little olive oil in a bowl, dip your fingers and rub a very light coat of oil over the kale.
4. Sprinkle on the Himalayan Sea Salt as desired.
5. Bake for 5 minutes or until it starts to turn a bit brown. Keep an eye on it as
it can burn quickly.
6. Turn the kale over and bake with the other side up.
7. Remove and enjoy!