Granola bars used to be a good breakfast idea until many companies and brands started filling what should be a simple recipe with a hodgepodge of ingredients, most of which cannot be pronounced.
Even bars that we think are healthy for us, end up being filled with sugar, food dyes, and food additives, which makes these homemade quick and easy granola bars almost too good to be true. They are low in sugar, ingredients, and best of all—no need to bake them.
Say goodbye to store bought granola bars and make your own with this yummy recipe!
- 3 cups quick oats
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter, melted
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
1. In a large bowl, combine oats, chia seeds, peanuts, and chocolate chips.
2. Slowly add in the peanut butter and brown rice syrup.
3. Mix until the mixture forms one large ball.
4. Press dough into a 9 x 12 baking dish.
5. Refrigerate up to 60 minutes.
6. Cut into squares and enjoy!
**For those with nut allergies, try substituting the peanut butter for coconut butter and the crushed peanuts for coconut shreds.