Storms are expected to sweep through the region today, and social media sites lit up around 10:30 a.m. with reports that some areas of Brookline already are without power.
- Jon Schmitz, transportation writer for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, tweeted the following at 10:24 a.m.: @pgtraffic #Pittsburgh dispatch reports #traffic lights out on Brookline Blvd. Treat all intersections w dark signals as four-way stops.
- Another reader sent the following tweet to Dormont-Brookline Patch at 10:32 a.m. regarding power outages in the area:@wildthang412 @DormontPatch Looks like most of Brookline on the Memorial Park side including Blvd.
- 10:33 a.m.: Readers on the Dormont-Brookline Patch Facebook page reported that the power is out on Creedmoor Avenue, Altmar, and in the 1200 block of Berkshire, but that there is power on Beaufort.
- 10:46 a.m.: Readers told Dormont-Brookline Patch via Facebook and email that the 800 block of Berkshire Avenue also was without water this morning due to a possible water main break.
- 11:54 a.m.: Readers told Dormont-Brookline Patch via Facebook that power has been restored to Rossmore Avenue, and that Woodbourne Avenue also has power.
- Traffic lights are still out on Brookline Boulevard as of noon, according to readers.
- 12:51 p.m.: Patch reader Matthew Esch left the following comment on the Dormont-Brookline Patch Facebook page: "Berkshire's water main break is almost fixed, it happened overnight in the 800's between 813 & 815. The guys say it should be on within the hour!" There was intermittent power outages here as well.
Is power out in your neighborhood? Do you have water?
Help keep your neighbors informed by reporting outages in the comments, below.