Yes, you can have cookies for breakfast—and yes, they can be healthy! Food Mood Girl Lindsey Smith of Brookline shares this recipe that will help start your day on a healthy note:
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao
- ¼ cup agave nectar (or honey, brown rice syrup), melted
- ½ cup creamy almond butter, melted
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Add melted agave nectar (or your choice sweetener) and almond butter
3. Mix thoroughly until mixture forms one solid ball
4. Lightly press into an 8x8 pan 5. Refrigerate for 60 minutes, cut into squares, and enjoy!