Chia seeds seem to be a new health trend lately.
Yes, these little Chia seeds stem from the same Chia Pet infomercials you used to watch on TV. However, don’t let the little pets fool you. Chia seeds, in natural form, are actually quite the plant-based powerhouse.
Just one tablespoon of Chia seeds provides six grams of fiber, three grams of protein, and 3 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids. You can add Chia seeds to smoothies or even use them as “sprinkles” on cold treats.
You can also try this delicious chocolate Chia seed pudding. It’s a mix between a tapioca and pudding consistency, without all the added fillers.
- ¼ cup Chia seeds
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
1. Combine milk and raw cacao powder in a small mixing bowl and mix until the cacao powder is blended in.
2. Add Chia seeds and maple syrup and mix well.
3. Let chill/set in the fridge for 2-3 hours.