If you and your sweetheart are foodies, Saturday could be a busy day for you.
Starting at Pita Land in Brookline at 10:30 a.m., the will host a buy one, get one free food tour. Stops typically include Greek specialties at , soft pretzels at , a look at how pitas are made at , and sweet treats Kribel's Bakery.
Tickets must be bought in advance. Information is available on the Burgh Bits and Bites website by clicking here.
From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, will host a “Red Hot Valentine” Pepper Party. Visitors will have the opportunity to taste hot peppers and other spicy dishes. Handouts with hints and preparation tips, recipes and cookbooks from local libraries will be available.
Those with a recipe of their own can bring a specialty dish—with a printed recipe—to enter in the Hot Pepper Recipe Challenge. The event is sponsored by the Friends of the Beechview Library.
For more information about the pepper party, see the IGA website or call 412-388-5018.
If you’re going:
- What: Buy One, Get One Food Tour
- Where: Starts at Pitaland on Brookline Boulevard
- When: Feb. 11 at 10:30 a.m.
- Cost: $35 for two tickets.
- What: “Red Hot Valentine” Pepper Party
- Where: IGA Market, 1616 Broadway Ave. in Beechview
- When: Feb. 11 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Cost: Admission to event is free.