Been wanting to try that restaurant you've read about or seen on television? This is your week.
Pittsburgh Restaurant Week 2013 is under way, and eateries in several nearby communities are participating with specials and discounts.
Restaurant Week runs through Jan. 20. It's "a great opportunity to experience the diverse restaurants available in Pittsburgh. Some restaurants offer pre-fixed menus as their restaurant week special, others offer a flat discount," according to the official website.
Restaurants in these areas are just a short drive from Dormont and Brookline:
- Arpino Trattoria is offering a three-course, fixed-price meal for $30.
- Bado's Pizza Grill and Ale House is offering specials that will vary by day.
- Bistro 19 is offering a three-course, fixed-price meal for $30.
Pittsburgh's South Side
- Bridge Ten Brasserie is offering a two-course, fixed-price meal for $25.
- Ibiza Tapas and Wine Bar has a $20.13 special.
- Mallorca is offering a three-course, fixed-price meal for $35.
Restaurants in Lawrenceville, Shadyside, Point Breeze, Regent Square, Downtown Pittsburgh, the North Side, the Strip District, Cranberry, Ross Township, McMurray and more also are participating.
Click here for a full list of restaurants and their dining deals.