Saturday is a great day to be in Dormont! From early morning, well into Saturday night, you won’t want to miss these great events. Did we miss one? Tell us in the comments!
- Dormont AARP is holding a pancake brunch and bake sale at from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. The cost is $5 for adults and $2 for children.
- Dormont Athletic Boosters Association will hold an hour-long coaching clinic for students ages 6 to 12 who are interested in playing in Keystone Oaks tackle football in the 2012 season. The clinic will start at 1 p.m. at . It’s free, and is open to any interested players entering their first season. KO tackle football signups are May 5 and 12.
- A drug take-back event will be held in the from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bring your unused or expired medications, and dispose of them safely.
- Dormont Historical Society will hold an open house from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Stop by to see the refurbished ticket booth from the South Hills Theater in the lobby of the ! The Historical Society is located in the lower level of the municipal center.
- , two bands with local roots, will kick off a live concert series at Hollywood Theater at 7:30 p.m. For more details and ticket info, click here.
- Cap off the evening with the Dormont Pub Tour, sponsored by Friends of Dormont Pool. The pub crawl starts at 7 p.m., continues until midnight or later, and is scheduled to include every bar in Dormont. The cost for the tour is the cost of a t-shirt is $16 in advance or $20 on Saturday, and only those with a t-shirt will qualify for prizes. Proceeds from the t-shirts benefit Friends of Dormont Pool. Look for specials!