Several nonprofit organizations in the Dormont and Brookline area are eligible to receive some extra donations from the Pittsburgh Foundation on Wednesday.
The foundation will match a pro-rated amount of all money donated to specific organizations from midnight to 11:59 p.m. on the PittsburghGives Day of Giving.
Here are local entities that are eligible:
- Carnegie Library in Brookline and Beechview.
- Friends of Dormont Pool.
- Friends of Hollywood Theater.
- The Salvation Army.
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
- Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council.
- Animal Rescue League of Western PA
The minimum gift per organization is $25. The maximum gift that an individual can give per organization that will be matched is $10,000. Nonprofits will receive a check with total donations and Pittsburgh Foundation match within 30 days of Day of Giving.
For more information or to make a donation, visit www.pittsburghgives.org.