What's Closed on Labor Day?
Here's a look at some closures and changes today.
Due to the Labor Day holiday, a number of local services will not be available, or will work on a different schedule.
- The Dormont Borough offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 3, and will re-open with a normal schedule on Tuesday, Sept. 4.
- The regular meeting of Dormont Borough Council will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 4, instead of on Monday, Sept. 3. The meeting will be held in the Dormont Municipal Center.
- Garbage and recycling pickups in Dormont Borough will be delayed, and will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 5.
- All post offices and state liquor stores, including those on West Liberty Avenue in Dormont and on Brookline Boulevard in Brookline, will be closed. PennDOT drivers license and photo centers, as well as traditional banks, also will be closed.
- The City of Pittsburgh's Labor Day parade will start at 10 a.m. Monday, Sept. 3, at the intersection of Crawford Street and Centre Avenue. It will travel down Centre to Sixth Avenue, then to Grant Street, then Boulevard of the Allies, and will finish at Commonwealth Place.
- For information on the Port Authority's holiday schedule, affecting T-line and bus routes, click here.
Do you know another business that's closed today? How about one that is open? Tell us in the comments.