Thefts in Brookline, Beechview
Brookline police blotter, April 23 to April 29.
Pittsburgh police are investigating incidents of theft and stolen vehicles that were reported in Brookline and Beechview last week.
Money was stolen from a home in the 2400 block of Pioneer Avenue in Brookline on April 25, between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. Also on April 25, between 5 and 6:30 p.m., someone stole a backpack and laptop near the intersection of Fitch Way and Wedgemere Street in Brookline.
In Beechview, two vehicles were stolen without the keys. The first incident occurred April 24 in the 2000 block of West Liberty Avenue, between 2 and 2:30 p.m. The second occurred April 25, in the 1900 block of Pauline Avenue between about 2 and 9 a.m.
Also in this week’s blotter:
- Lawn decorations were damaged at a home in the 700 block of Mayville Avenue in Brookline between 2 and 8 a.m. on April 29.
- A vehicle parked in the 700 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline was damaged between 5 and 6 p.m. on April 25.
- A customer damaged a display case at a store in the 2500 block of West Liberty Avenue in Brookline on April 26 at 9 p.m.
- A man was arrested for domestic violence near Belasco and Hampshire avenues in Beechview on April 24.
- Kurt Morado Jr. was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance at the corner of West Liberty and Dawn avenues in Beechview on April 28.
- Thomas Phillips, of Ohio, was arrested for DUI near the intersection of Pauline Street and Broadway Avenue in Beechview on April 25.
- Amelia Forcucci, of Brookline, was arrested for DUI near the intersection of West Liberty and Pauline avenues on April 25.
- A man and woman both were arrested for domestic violence in the 1900 block of Woodward Avenue in Brookline on April 27.
- Dennis Gerster, of Brookline, was arrested for DUI near the intersection of Brookline Boulevard and Pioneer Avenue in Brookline on April 25.
The following information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police, and is a report for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.