Thefts, Burglaries Reported in Local Neighborhoods
Brookline, Beechview police blotter, Oct. 29 through Nov. 4.
A number of thefts, from both homes and vehicles, were reported during the first week of November in Brookline and nearby Pittsburgh neighborhoods.
Burglaries and thefts were reported from homes and vehicles in Brookline, Beechview and Banksville between Oct. 31 and Nov. 4.
Here is a list of incidents reported to Pittsburgh police:
- Electronics, jewelry, coins and a book were stolen from a home in the 3000 block of Pioneer Avenue in Brookline on Oct. 31, between 4:45 and 7:15 p.m.
- A store employee told police that someone forced open the front door of a business in the 2800 block of Banksville Road, stole a safe containing money and left. The incident occurred between 4 p.m. on Nov. 3 and 8 a.m. on Nov. 4.
- Ladders were stolen from a home in the 1300 block of Belasco Avenue in Beechview. The incident occurred between Oct. 29 and Nov. 5.
- A man told police someone stole a jacket that was hanging on his motorcycle in the 1800 block of Seaton Street in Brookline around noon on Nov. 2.
Theft from Vehicle
- Credit cards, CDs and a phone charger were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked near Shiras and Boradway avenues in Beechview on Oct. 31 between 9:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Money was stolen from a car parked near Silver Oak Drive and Hayson Avenue in Banksville on Nov. 1 between noon and 12:30 p.m.
Similar incidents also were reported during the past week in the Pittsburgh Zone 6 neighborhoods of Elliott, Crafton Heights, and Sheraden.
This information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police, and is a report for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.