Car Stereos Stolen in Brookline, Beechview
Brookline Police Blotter, April 30 to May 6
Several items, including two stereo systems, were stolen from vehicles in Brookline and Beechview. Six incidents were reported between May 1 and May 5.
Five of the incidents occurred between the evening of May 1 and early morning of May 2. During that time, a GPS unit was stolen from a car parked in the 1500 block of Alverado Avenue in Beechview. Money, a cell phone and a stereo system were stolen from cars in the 1500 and 1600 blocks of Belasco Avenue in Beechview. The vehicles reportedly had been left unlocked.
A license plate was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 1100 block of Woodbourne Avenue in Brookline on May 1 around midnight.
Another stereo system was stolen May 5 between 4 a.m. and about 2 p.m., this time from a locked vehicle in the 800 block of Bellaire Avenue in Brookline.
No arrests have been made in these incidents.
Also in this week’s blotter:
- A woman reported that someone she knew broke into her home in the 1800 block of Tonapah Street in Beechview and stole electronics, jewelry and clothes. The incident occurred May 3 between 5:30 and 6:40 p.m.
- Prescription medication and money were stolen from a home in the 800 block of Sebring Avenue in Beechview on May 2 around 2:30 a.m.
- The manager of a store in the 700 block of Brookline Boulevard reported than an unknown man stole items and then left the store. The manager confronted the man outside the store. The man returned the items and fled. The incident occurred May 2 at 1:45 p.m. No arrests have been made.
- The side mirror of a vehicle parked in the 1800 block of Seaton Street in Brookline was torn from the car. The incident occurred May 4 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Leonard Mack, of McKeesport was arrested for DUI in the 1300 block of Beechview Avenue in Beechview on May 5.
- Michael Mayhew, of Beechview, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia near Methyl Street and Sebring Avenue in Beechview on April 30.
- Michael Armstrong, of Pittsburgh, was arrested for possession of heroin near Woodward Avenue and Stetson Street in Brookline on May 4.
- Zachary Sikora, of Pittsburgh, was arrested for DUI in the 1100 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline on May 5.
- Travis Greene, of Beechview, was arrested for DUI near Wenzell Avenue and Banksville Road in Beechview on May 2.
- Ryan Russell, of Brookline, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and William Luff Jr., of Brookline, was arrested on a bench warrant near Crosby and Pauline avenues in Beechview on May 1.
- Scott Gunnell, of Pittsburgh, was arrested for DUI in the 1600 block of Brookline Boulevard on May 4.
The following information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police, and is a report for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.