Smash-And-Grab Robberies in Brookline
Brookline Police Blotter, May 14 to May 20
Several Brookline vehicles were the targets of smash-and-grab robberies between May 18 and 19.
The window of a car in the 600 block of Larose Street was smashed and a cell phone was stolen between 11:30 p.m. on May 18 and 3:30 a.m. on May 19. During the same time period, another window was smashed and a cell phone stolen, this time from a car parked in the 1200 block of Brookline Boulevard.
The last reported incident occurred in the 1200 block of Wareman Avenue between 4 and 5:50 a.m., when money was stolen from a car after a window was broken.
Also in this week’s blotter:
- Electronics and jewelry were stolen from a home in the 2600 block of Bellingham Avenue in Banksville on May 17, between 4:45 a.m. and 12:32 p.m. The suspect forced open a garage door to get inside the home.
Theft from Vehicle
- A wallet and identification were stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 600 block of Mayville Avenue in Brooklne between 5 p.m. on May 18 and 9 a.m. on May 19.
- Paperwork was stolen from an unlocked car in the 900 block of Brookline Boulevard in Brookline on May 18 between midnight and 11 a.m.
- A car stolen from the 800 block of Tropical Avenue in Beechview was found in Brookline after it was involved in an accident and abandoned. The incident occurred May 20 between 3:30 and 4:30 a.m.
- A car window was broken but nothing was reported stolen in the 1500 block of Berkshire Avenue in Brookline on May 20. The incident occurred between 8 a.m. and noon.
- A woman reported that someone wrote graffiti on her property in the 2600 block of Waddington Avenue in Brookline. The incident occurred between 7 p.m. on May 17 and 7 a.m. on May 18.
- Justin Phillips of Brookline was arrested for possession of marijuana near Creedmore Avenue and Hobson Street on May 18.
This information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police, and is a report for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.