Pittsburgh Police Blotter, Jan. 25-Feb. 1
The following information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
- A woman told police a man she didn’t know forced open the door of her Fallowfield Avenue home in Beechview when she answered it. The man forced her to the ground and grabbed her purse from the floor before he fled. The incident happened Jan. 28 between 6:30 and 7:15 p.m. The suspect is a black or Hispanic male, about 6 feet tall and 180lbs, and was wearing a black puffy jacket, black ski mask, black pants and shoes.
- The clerk of a store in the 1600 block of Saw Mill Run Boulevard reported that someone entered the store, pulled out a gun and demanded money. The clerk fled into the office without handing over the money and the actor fled. The incident happened on Jan. 24 just after 4 a.m. The suspect is a black male, 5’7”, thin build with a black bandana covering his face, black hat, yellow leather jacket and gloves.
- A Brookline resident told police someone forced open a rear window at an Eathan Avenue home and removed a laptop, camera and currency before fleeing. The incident was reported Jan. 24 at 7:50 p.m.
- A Brookline resident told police someone forced open a rear window of a Southcrest Drive home and stole money before fleeing. The incident occurred Jan. 23 between 2 and 8 p.m.
- A Brookline resident told police someone forced open a rear window and entered his Plainview Avenue residence. Once inside, the actor stole jewelry before fleeing. The incident occurred Jan. 25 between 6 and 8 p.m.
- A Brookline woman reported that someone she knew stole prescription medication from her bag. The incident occurred at a Fair Avenue home on Jan. 24 at 12:15 a.m.
- A Brookline woman reported that two people she knew stole her purse on Brookline Boulevard on Jan. 27 around 8 p.m. The purse contained money and a cell phone.
- A Beechview man reported that someone he knew stole money and clothing from his Neeld Avenue residence on Jan. 28 at 9 a.m.
Theft from vehicle
- A man told police that someone stole ladders from his vehicle while it was parked on Broadway Avenue in Beechview. The incident was reported on Jan. 25 at 6 a.m.
- A man reported that someone stole his vehicle, which he had left running and unattended on Belasco Avenue in Beechview on Jan. 28.
- A man reported that someone stole his vehicle without the keys from Brookline Boulevard in Brookline on Jan. 27 at 8:24 a.m.
- A man reported that someone he knew damaged his car after an altercation on Charm Avenue in Beechview on Jan. 27 at 11:30 p.m.
- A woman reported that someone spray painted graffiti on her garage door on Fordham Street in Brookline. The incident was reported Jan. 28 at 8 a.m.
- A man reported that someone used a brick to break out the windows of his vehicle while it was parked on Los Angeles Avenue in Beechview on Jan. 24 around 3:30 p.m.
- An employee at a hotel in the 2800 block of Banksville Road in Banksville reported that a guest intentionally clogged a sink and left the water running on Jan. 28 at 9:30 a.m.
- Michael Novak of Brookline was arrested for DUI at Pioneer and West Liberty avenues on Jan. 26.
- Christine Pudowkin of Brookline was arrested for DUI at Queensboro and Chelton avenues on Jan. 24.
- Mark Johnson of New York was arrested for possession of crack cocaine on Brookline Boulevard on Jan. 23.
- Jeffery Detar of Beltzhoover was arrested for possession of heroin on Woodbourne Avenue in Brookline on Jan. 27.
- Sheldon Van Tassel of Brookline was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia on Woodbourne Avenue in Brookline on Jan. 27.
- Matthew Harvard and Joel Hatfield of Brookline were arrested for assaulting an unknown person on West Liberty Avenue in Brookline on Jan. 28.
- Lawrence Reilly of Green Tree was arrested DUI at Potomac Avenue and Banksville Road on Jan. 29.
This report is for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.