Pancakes and Beer (and more), Saturday in Dormont!
You won’t want to miss Saturday in Dormont!
Saturday is a great day to be in Dormont! From early morning, well into Saturday night, you won’t want to miss these great events. Did we miss one? Tell us in the comments!
- Dormont AARP is holding a pancake brunch and bake sale at Dormont Presbyterian Church from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. The cost is $5 for adults and $2 for children.
- Dormont Athletic Boosters Association will hold an hour-long coaching clinic for students ages 6 to 12 who are interested in playing in Keystone Oaks tackle football in the 2012 season. The clinic will start at 1 p.m. at Dormont Stadium. It’s free, and is open to any interested players entering their first season. KO tackle football signups are May 5 and 12.
- A drug take-back event will be held in the Dormont Pool parking lot from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bring your unused or expired medications, and dispose of them safely.
- Dormont Historical Society will hold an open house from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Stop by to see the refurbished ticket booth from the South Hills Theater in the lobby of the Dormont Municipal Center! The Historical Society is located in the lower level of the municipal center.
- Silent Partner and Hausen, two bands with local roots, will kick off a live concert series at Hollywood Theater at 7:30 p.m. For more details and ticket info, click here.
- Cap off the evening with the Dormont Pub Tour, sponsored by Friends of Dormont Pool. The pub crawl starts at 7 p.m., continues until midnight or later, and is scheduled to include every bar in Dormont. The cost for the tour is the cost of a t-shirt is $16 in advance or $20 on Saturday, and only those with a t-shirt will qualify for prizes. Proceeds from the t-shirts benefit Friends of Dormont Pool. Look for specials!