Mini Muffins WIth a Healthy Twist
The latest tasty healthy recipe from Food Mood Girl Lindsey Smith of Brookline.
I am always looking for sneaky ways to incorporate more vegetables into not only main entrees, but also into breakfast dishes and snack foods as well. I decided to spice up my mini muffin recipe and swap the berries out for veggies. These mini veggie muffins are great for traveling and perfect snacking.
- 2 cups spelt, wheat, or quinoa flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup grated or finely chopped veggies (I use carrots, zucchini, red peppers, and onions)
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup soy or rice milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix flour and salt.
3. Add eggs, veggies, garlic, and parsley.
4. Mix lightly and gradually add the milk. Do not over mix, as the mixture should be a bit lumpy.
5. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan and fill mixture to top.
6. Bake approximately 15 minutes or until the muffins have a light brown top.
7. Remove from oven, let cool, then serve. Muffins can also be frozen.