If you could be a character from any movie, who would you be?
This Saturday is your chance to be that character, and win some prizes for it.
The Hollywood Halloween Costume Party is this Saturday, Oct. 27, at Dormont's Hollywood Theater. The theater invites patrons to break out their inner Princess Leia, Inigo Montoya, Wicked Witch, or any other favorite character—four people will win prizes for the best costumes.
The event runs from 8 to 11 p.m. Here are just a few things it will include:
- A screening of the 1922 silent horror classic Nosferatu, directed by F.W. Murnau and starring Max Schreck. This film was an unauthorized adaptation of Bram Stoker’s Dracula, so names and other details were changed—the vampire became Nosferatu and Count Dracula became Count Orlok.
- A screening of Casey T. Malone’s Blood of the Witch trilogy—three spooky silent shorts inspired by Nosferatu and the director’s love of Halloween.
- A tarot card reading provided by readers from Moonstones. Readings are an additional $5.
- A raffle of items that include a Terrible Towel Basket worth $140.
- Don’t feel like dressing up? An on-site makeup artist can transform your face into a landscape of scars and bruises, or go for a trendy undead look.
- Light refreshments and desserts will be provided.
At midnight, the Junior Chamber of Commerce Players, Pittsburgh’s official Rocky Horror Picture Show Shadow Cast, will present a special Halloween performance of the classic 1975 musical that stars Tim Curry and Susan Sarandon. Admission for this show is $7.
Tickets are $20 at www.showclix.com/event/hollywoodHalloweenParty and at the theater’s ticket booth during regular operating hours. Tickets also can be bought at the door for $25. Admission includes two drink tickets for beer, wine, or soft drinks. Proceeds benefit Friends of Hollywood Theater.