Dormont Police Blotter April 6 to April 13
The following information was supplied by Dormont Police. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
- Dormont police responded to a home in the 3000 block of Texas Avenue at 5:58 p.m. for a report of a possible heroin overdose. A woman was taken to St. Clair Hospital. No charges have been filed.
- Police were called to a home in the 1200 block of Arkansas Avenue for a report of an assault at 6:23 a.m. Zachary Morton, 18, of Dormont, was arrested and charged with simple assault.
- Police responded to the Apple Inn on West Liberty Avenue for a report of bar fight at 12:55 a.m. Michael Corbett, 26, address unknown, and Shawn Bogden, 25, of Dormont, were issued disorderly conduct citations.
- A woman reported that someone stole a handgun from the glove box of her car while it was parked in the 2700 block of Dwight Avenue at 2:30 p.m. According to the police report, there were no signs of forced entry into the vehicle, which might have been unlocked.
- Police were called to Dormont Village Plaza at 3:51 p.m. for a report that a woman was found lying on the steps near the state store. According to the report, paramedics determined that she was suffering from a heroin overdose, and she was transported to St. Clair Hospital. No charges were filed.
- An officer on patrol saw someone leave Vasta Lounge on West Liberty Avenue with a drink in his hand at 12:40 a.m. The officer gave the man a verbal warning to return to the bar with his drink, and the man complied. No charges were filed.
Police received a number of parking complaints, noise disturbance reports and nuisance reports that did not result in arrests or charges.