At last week's informational meeting about the business plan proposed by #1 Cochran, Dormont Borough manager Jeff Naftal said written answers to questions asked at the meeting would be posted publicly.
This week, the borough delivered. A document posted on the home page of the Dormont Borough website details answers to questions asked by borough residents and business owners regarding the #1 Cochran proposal.
To find the document on the borough website, click here. The document also is attached to this article as a PDF fie.
Answers to the following questions are provided in the attached document:
- Why is keeping 28 spaces in Lot #1 not feasible?
- Have we (the borough) done a parking study?
- Would the parking on Lot #8 be completed before Lot #1 is closed?
- Did the Borough entertain other offers for Lot #1 in addition to the offer from #1 Cochran?
- Why can’t we get grants like Mt. Lebanon?
- Why can’t #1 Cochran build a garage instead of street level parking so that there is no loss of parking to the Borough?
- If we do have limited spaces for a period of time, will the Borough step up meter enforcement to ensure spaces are available for patrons?
- What about using the parking lot of the former beer distributor for additional parking?
The next Dormont Council meeting is Aug. 27 at 7 p.m. in Dormont Municipal Center on Hillsdale Avenue.